Business world is congested with various instructions and conflicting advice about “how to run a successful business”.
Create a marketing strategy!
You must have a twitter account or your business will perish!
Build a robust newsletter list!
Always do this!
Never do that!
If you feel you are getting confused by the conflicting information – you are unable to hear your own inner voice of wisdom amidst the loud and endlessly changing advice – It’s time for a revolution with yourself.
You Can Become Your Own Business Mentor and Adviser.
How? Please Read On!
For you to mentor yourself, you need to do some soul searching, then work on yourself.
This involves discovering the following:
- Knowing yourself very well – know exactly what will get you going.
- What will calm you down.
- What will help you focus; how to make sure you follow through on what needs to be done and when you will rather do it.
- How to keep yourself going when things take longer than you expected.
- And how to keep yourself going when you feel like quitting or become impatient.
To become a reliable mentor / adviser for yourself you need to consider the following 4 steps.
- Recognize and make the most of your strengths and weaknesses, most times your strength is measured by how you manage your weakness.
- Identify the particular things that motivate you.
- Discover what you need to hear and learn how to say it in such a way that you will listen to your own advice and counsel.
- Determine what you can do to assist yourself to function at your best consistently.
Remember, he who wears the shoes know where it pinch – African Proverb.
If you benefit from this post, please feel free to comment and share on your network.